HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
As 2019 comes to a close, we thank you most sincerely for helping to make this year our most successful yet. We met many new friends and spent time with those we hold dear. We had lots of fun classes, shows and events to keep us busy. We hope you had a productive 2019 as well.
We are delighted to announce that the winner of the Brother Innovis sewing machine raffled to celebrate our Fifth Year Anniversary is Corrine Garcia of San Jose. Our thanks again to Dave of Dave’s Sew and Vac in San Jose and to Brother.
Announcing the Kona Color of the Year and a Challenge!
The challenge will begin January 1, 2020 and end on February 10, 2020 with quilts hung and winners announced on February 14, 2020.
Purchase the Golden State Quilting Color of the Year Fat Quarter Challenge Bundle and use at least three of the five fabrics, including the 2020 Color of the Year, "Enchanted" to make and submit a finished Quilt measuring at least 20" square but no more than 36" square.
First Prize winner will receive a $100 gift GSQ gift certificate; second prize, $50 certificate; third prize, $25 certificate.
Still have a few gifts left to give? (Or just need one for your very own self?)
Our classroom is filled with wonderful quilt samples of every shape and size, just waiting for a good home. Whenever a quilt gets adopted we hang a new one, so you will see a new group each time you visit.
Did you know that our long-arm quilting queue is at its shortest of the year right now! Bring your quilt tops in (with a backing three inches larger on all four sides) and get the 2019 prices before inflation hits!
Need a way to kick off your New Year with something “quilty”? How about a class with our excellent instructors?
January’s classes include:
- Better Bindings with Bonnie Sterns, Sunday January 12th from 1-4
(class fees donated to Quilts for Kids)
- Laura Heine’s Collage Technique with Buff, Saturday, January 18th. Pick one of Laura’s delightful collage patterns and learn this stash busting technique!
- Fold it Fuse it Rug Sunday Brunch with Buff Sunday, January 26th (note that Sunday Brunches have moved to the last Sunday of the month). Make a cushy rug from a single layer cake and you’ll be hooked.
- Open Sews each Thursday nights from 6-9.
- Open Sew Friday Nights with Joe the first and third Friday evening of the month.
- Quilting 101 with Robin, Wednesday evenings 6:00-9:00 pm. Learn quilting basics including rotary cutting with rulers, quarter inch seams, pressing, half square triangles, flying geese, Y seams, templates, applique, bias cut fabric, easy curves and fusible web.
Eight sessions: 1/8/20- 1/29/20, (break week of 2/5/20), 2/12/20-3/4/20
Golden State will close at 2:00 pm on Tuesday Dec 31st.
We will reopen Thursday January 2nd.
We look forward to seeing you in the 2020 and wish you a healthy and prosperous New Year! We are grateful that we can be a part of your quilting journey.
Sonja & Buff